CO2 and Proper Ferts = No Algae? Really?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was wondering, does CO2 supply and proper fertilizer balance mean no algae, or is it reduced algae? Do you see any form of algae, like the dust algae that hits the glass?

Well, it can mean either.
I suggest being proactive and staying on top of things.
I've routinely had tanks without algae(eye visible) using several methods(CO2, non CO2 etc).
However, we all mess things up, or do not do something or another at some point.

No big deal, you take care of the algae issue, clean, work hard to get thuings back and then things are more stable thereafter and you keep up on it.

Some seem to think that a nice scape and high light and CO2 should balance easily and require no to very little work. This is not true, it might happen for a period of time, but at some point you have to do some real work.

So you do it and then do not worry.
Same old thing.

Regards,
tom Barr

Here is a thought. If you took the most "algae free" looking tank and placed some of the decor and or plants under a microscope, you will see algae. To Tom's point, it is more of control than eradication. Algae is every present.

When done properly the algae will not be noticeable, but it is always there. The point is to get it to the point where you really have to look hard to be able to spot it if at all.

Back
Top Bottom