Co2 diffuser and intake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhsoto94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will placing my co2 diffuser before the filter intake damage the filter? It's a sun sun 302. I know people do that with DIY co2 and hob filters and some say it can damage the impeller. Will be permanent until i get a reactor but I feel the co2 bubbles aren't diffused well enough with just the diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know that's really common way to set things up.

Perhaps if you don't have a diffuser and it's just lots of bubbles going through the intake it might be a problem but I imagine since you already have a diffuser the bubbles are probably pretty tiny. Sending them into the filter just gives them extra contact time with the water, which seems like a good idea to me.

maybe someone with more experience will have a better answer!

It's a really common method just feeding the Co2 tube into the filter intake and having it come out of the out take. It works really well. I don't think it would harm the impeller, it's not like there's going to be just full out air going through the canister. Some people also make in line reactors for Co2 to get into the out let pipe so it doesn't have to go through the main body but still gets mixed very well.

Back
Top Bottom