Co2 diffusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would it be better if i put the co2 so that the bubbles sent into the intake of my hob filter, my canister filter, or just floating to the top of the tank like normal?

Thanks!

I have my diffuser right under the intake of my canister. My canister is air tight and sucks up about 75% of the bubbles generated. What comes out of the canister appears fully dissolved as no bubbles come out. CO2 levels in the tank are perfect. I'd suggest it.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I agree with schoeplein. I put my diffuser at the lowest possible point in my tank under my intake for the filter most of the bubbles get sucked into the filter but the ones that don't never makes it to the surface

I used to do this. Right now I have the diffuser near the HOB output.
I have a second HOB for mech filtering only. Previously, tiny bubbles would get trapped in the filter media, thus prolonging contact time. Poor man's reactor. But the downside was the filter fluff would start to lift out of the filter. Yes, I could have weighed it down with a bag of ceramic media or a rock (just thought of that now). Maybe I'll try that.
Anyhow, this should not be a problem with cartridge style HOBs or canisters.

So it sounds like canister is the way to go! I just wanted to make sure the canister wouldn't like, fill up with co2 and explode or something. :lol:

Thanks guys!

Worst case it may gargle the pump's impeller. Hasn't happened to me, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom