Co2 diffusor issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jc555

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My CO2 diffusor is having difficulty with intaking CO2, the diffusor refuses to accept co2 and most co2 pushed into the diffusor is released as shown in the picture, the circled area is where co2 bubbles are leaking from. Im almost certain this has to do with the tubing connected to the diffusor and it not being tight enough, so my question would be what can I do to solve this. I’d also like to include the fact that this co2 setup worked perfectly fine for a few weeks before I went to college 3 months ago, I came back and this problem came up so I guess another question I have is how could I avoid this? Something must have caused it, this hasn’t been an issue until now.

Attachments

• 2D2CD7C0-CC84-47E1-80D5-6EBC6C89976E.jpg
    2D2CD7C0-CC84-47E1-80D5-6EBC6C89976E.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 28
Not blocked up at all and the back-pressure is forcing the CO2 to release from elsewhere?

Yes that would be correct, I actually figured out the issue, it seemed that the tubing I had used was too worn out and not tight enough the hold co2 in at the diffusor, it works fine now with new tubing. Thanks for the response.

Sounds like mine a bit.

In mine the tube has popped off the impeller and bubbles are just going straight to surface :( Of course it always does this just after a water change when covers and lights are back on :)

Back
Top Bottom