CO2 Dosing Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kg123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi All -
I have two questions regarding my CO2 setup for a planted aquarium. I hope this post is in the correct place.

Recently I purchased the following items:

Eheim 2213 Canister
Aquatek Nano Regulator
Up Atomizer
Mr Aqua Glass Bubble Counter
Some platic check valve.

First Question:
I set my co2 where the line from the regulator goes straight to the check valve, then bubble counter, then atomizer into the intake of an Eheim 2213 canister filter. (I understand the pro's and con's going into the intake rather than outlet)

So everything seemed ok at first but then my line blew off my check valve indicating the co2 isn't flowing through the atomizer. I can see bubbles go through the bubble counter then eventually stop, and never seen any bubbles flow through my filter hose. I've heard that Atomizers need a certain said pressure for it to work, and have heard success stories using the Aquatek Nano Regulator, so I'm really hoping that's not my issue.

The Up Atomizer didn't come with any instructions so I'm not sure if anything else is required besides plug-n-play. Fill it with water? Shake it? Who knows....
I do use this very flexible soft air tubing that is rated for CO2, maybe I need a stronger more ridged hose? I guess I can try going from the regulator straight to the atomizer because these device anchor to the hose much better than both check valve and bubble counter.

Second Question:
A little embarrassed to ask this question because conceptually it seems so simple, however, when I add water to the bubble counter it just flows through the bubble counter, and in some cases through the check valve regardless of my check valve orientation. If I blow through the check valve there is one side that offers more resistance. I assumed that once I turned on the co2 there would be enough pressure before the check valve to prevent the water from dripping down. Am I correct? Assuming that's correct, I guess fixing my first problem will fix my second problem.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom