CO2 drop checker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
Installed the CO2 checker in my tank, I added the solution which came with the drop checker....
In your experience, and assuming that I have the right CO2 concentration (30ppm), how long it will take to notice the change of color in the drop checker solution? From blue to green?

Thanks

Don't use the solution that came with it. Use standardized 4 dkh water and your low range pH test solution. The stuff it comes with is horrible inaccurate.

It should take 1-3 hours to fully change.

aqua_chem said:
Don't use the solution that came with it. Use standardized 4 dkh water and your low range pH test solution. The stuff it comes with is horrible inaccurate.

It should take 1-3 hours to fully change.

Ups, ok and thanks for your answer, I do have a 4 dkh solution and the ph test solution I will change it tomorrow morning.....
Thanks again

aqua_chem said:

I never heard about that. Glad I read it. Guess I'll need a low range pH test kit after all. I've been using the Red Sea drop checker solution for years. I have a pair of drop checkers so it'll be interesting to compare the two reagents. I always suspected my drop checker was inaccurate, even though I use 4dkh solution. It seems to turn green quicker than it should (going by my pH controller and hardness tests).

I never heard about that. Glad I read it. Guess I'll need a low range pH test kit after all. I've been using the Red Sea drop checker solution for years. I have a pair of drop checkers so it'll be interesting to compare the two reagents. I always suspected my drop checker was inaccurate, even though I use 4dkh solution. It seems to turn green quicker than it should (going by my pH controller and hardness tests).

I can't speak for the Redsea solution (it very likely may be just pH solution), but the one that comes with most glass diffusers, especially ebay ones, is garbage. It's the green one with the Chinese characters on it.

aqua_chem said:
I can't speak for the Redsea solution (it very likely may be just pH solution), but the one that comes with most glass diffusers, especially ebay ones, is garbage. It's the green one with the Chinese characters on it.

Ah, I've never seen that solution. Still, it may be a fun experiment. I'm running low on the Red Sea reagent anyway. It's just pH drops but using the API kit solution seems to be standard practice. Might as well give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom