CO2 During the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dharris

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK! I'm using a AC-50 HOB as my CO2 reactor. I have read many people turn off their CO2 at night ours or when the lights are out. Would there be any ill effect if I was to connect my HOB AC-50 to the light timer? Also the CO2 that will just bubble into the filter at night, the CO2 that escapes into the air, is that bad for humans to breathe?

is the AC your filter too, or just used for CO2 diffusion?

if its your filter too, do NOT shut it off. you'll deprive the bacteria of oxygen, they'll die, and you'll likely face a mini-cycle.

if its just a diffuser, its ok, but you'll have to be careful it doesn't drain all the water overnight. having the filter kick bacdk on when its too dry/low on water will damage the motor.

we breathe CO2 all the time. the atmosphere is about 4ppm of CO2 naturally. it would take a full 5lb tank in a small room, with doors/windows closed, and opened so it can do a full dump into the room, before humans would get harmed by high CO2 levels.

Back
Top Bottom