CO2 for plants???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrythesnail

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Here is a pic of my new 37 gallon aquarium. I have a handful of plants some were transferred from a smaller aquarium and some are new. Does CO2 really help in plant growth? My tank is deeper than wide so I am excited for them to grow.

Attachments

• image-1037781027.jpg
    image-1037781027.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3307650926.jpg
    image-3307650926.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 81
co2 will boost their growth. But is not needed depending on the plants you have. Although i would suggest c02 if you want to see them grow fast.
Welcome to the forum

Hi Larry, and welcome! That is a nice looking tank, but I would be more worried about lighting than CO2. Deep tanks like that require more lighting so that it can penetrate to the bottom. What kind of lighting are you running?

The amount and type of lighting can also dictate whether or not you really need a CO2 system (although ime CO2 benefits a tank even if it is low light).

fort384 said:
Hi Larry, and welcome! That is a nice looking tank, but I would be more worried about lighting than CO2. Deep tanks like that require more lighting so that it can penetrate to the bottom. What kind of lighting are you running?

The amount and type of lighting can also dictate whether or not you really need a CO2 system (although ime CO2 benefits a tank even if it is low light).

I am using a marine land LED blue/white combo light and have ordered additional blue night lighting as well. I knew that depth would be an issue so after a lot of research I decided to go with this one... It cost 80.00 so I hope it is a good one. :). It seems to do a good job so far. The bottom seems to be well lit.

the larineland leds can support just the basic of plant life. co2 wouldnt really help too much.

Back
Top Bottom