co2 help for future tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilmo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey folks its been a while.

I'm planning on upgrading my 48L to a 250L All pond solutions tank. And was wandering... if I would be better having several difusers (through out the tank) or just one.

Thanks.

That's about 66 US gallons.. What type of filter are you using? If you're using a canister, i think those inline diffusers do a good job of saturating the water with co2.. Probably close to 90-100% diffusion I'm guessing. But if you're running an HOB filter or two.. You should probably get a regulator that had multiple connections to run more than one ceramic diffuser (on opposite ends). Or if you want to run just one diffuser, there's those powered diffusers that chop up the bubbles and shoot them out like a mini powerhead.. Just food for thought.. I run nano tanks :)

Brian_Nano12g said:
That's about 66 US gallons.. What type of filter are you using? If you're using a canister, i think those inline diffusers do a good job of saturating the water with co2.. Probably close to 90-100% diffusion I'm guessing. But if you're running an HOB filter or two.. You should probably get a regulator that had multiple connections to run more than one ceramic diffuser (on opposite ends). Or if you want to run just one diffuser, there's those powered diffusers that chop up the bubbles and shoot them out like a mini powerhead.. Just food for thought.. I run nano tanks :)

I will be running a external. Available thought about the inline ones. I love nanos but just need to go bigger. Lol

Back
Top Bottom