Co2 in nano??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqueonevolve4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey ya'll could someone here whos had experience with pressurized co2, please tell me there experience with it? Is it worth it in general? I have a 4gal very thickly planted tank and would like to introduce a small co2 system. Stock is 5 neon tetras, a pond snail an an oto cat.

Aqueonevolve4 said:
Hey ya'll could someone here whos had experience with pressurized co2, please tell me there experience with it? Is it worth it in general? I have a 4gal very thickly planted tank and would like to introduce a small co2 system. Stock is 5 neon tetras, a pond snail an an oto cat.

Honestly. At that small. It depends on the plants. Judging by the fact that you say it's already dense. I wouldn't worry about it.

Pertaining to Nanos, I believe the most effective method of inserting CO2 is inline with a canister filter...

They make small nano co2 systems, I've not used one of those but they look like they'd work pretty good. Fluval has one with their flora kit I believe and also there are paintball co2 setups.

Alright first off thanks :) secondly i went and bought some liquid carbon ( api co2 boost ) for $10 versus a small co2 kit for $50 so ill give updates on the progress here is the cube on day one of api co2 boost..

Attachments

• image-851671379.jpg
    image-851671379.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 74
Aqueonevolve4 said:
Alright first off thanks :) secondly i went and bought some liquid carbon ( api co2 boost ) for $10 versus a small co2 kit for $50 so ill give updates on the progress here is the cube on day one of api co2 boost..

While that is not co2, it is a carbon source for the plants. IMO having co2 is better because it is cheaper in the long run and usually gets you better results with growth. I have a 2 lb co2 tank and regulator on my 5.5 gallon high tech tank. I noticed much better growth with it. I grew hemianthus callitrichoides in it with good results.

Back
Top Bottom