CO2 injection....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
How does this sound. I'm going to have a Reactor 1000 hooked up to my XP3 intake. The pressurized CO2 will be hooked up to the Reactor. Then I'll have another CO2 line running from the vent on the Reactor 1000 and run it directly into the aerator on my MaxiJet 600 Powerhead. This in turn creates a mist effect in the tank with the excess CO2 buildup in the Reactor 1000. What do you think about this setup?

I'll be doing the same thing on my 29G as well, same setup, the only difference is it will be hooked up to an XP2.

The Reactor 100 has a vent? How does it work? I assume that if two much the CO2 fills up the reactor, the CO2 will go out the vent in and into your powerhead - is that right? It sounds like an excelent idea!

Absolutely correct. If you are pumping more CO2 than it takes to gets disolved, the excess gets vented out to the powerhead. And it's the Reactor 1000, not 100. I think the vent is on the top of the reactor.

I think you fish are going to rebel because they will have no room to swim from the monsterous growth! You are absolutely nutz but that is the hobby for ya. Let us know how many hundred ppm you get, ;)

Lonewolfblue said:
How does this sound. I'm going to have a Reactor 1000 hooked up to my XP3 intake. The pressurized CO2 will be hooked up to the Reactor. Then I'll have another CO2 line running from the vent on the Reactor 1000 and run it directly into the aerator on my MaxiJet 600 Powerhead. This in turn creates a mist effect in the tank with the excess CO2 buildup in the Reactor 1000. What do you think about this setup?

I'll be doing the same thing on my 29G as well, same setup, the only difference is it will be hooked up to an XP2.

Nice.......hmm I could have used that PDF when I was setting up my 1000.
The direction sheet was only in german :( and it was the first one I had ever set up. Anyway, Thats a great idea LWB I want pics and updates on this one. BTW I think you meant that you'll have the 1000 hooked up to the xp3 outlet not intake right?

I've been wanting to get a CO2 mist going and hadn't even thought of that.....figures I catch this post after I ordered a two way splitter and bubble counter. Oh well. :roll:

Actually, it will be on the output. I really don't want to try to create a zig-zag in the back so the reactor is in the right position. I'm also going to have a sponge pre-filter on my intake as well.

Back
Top Bottom