Co2 issue. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a strange situation. My co2 bubbles are coming too much suddenly. I tried to lower the co2 supply but they keep coming too much. I see bubbles and bubbles in tank. Something malfunctioned? Please have a look.

https://youtu.be/6DVXbZ0gV3Y

You can see i reduced to like 3 drops per second but i am getting a storm of bubbles. What i need to do. Please help. Thanks.

When tanks get low or near empty they can have End Of Tank Dump. Most regulators can't control this .
Shutoff your co2 tank and see if it is low.

Your fish seem fine and the plants are pearling. What needle valve are you using and what kind of co2 concentration do you have?

When tanks get low or near empty they can have End Of Tank Dump. Most regulators can't control this .
Shutoff your co2 tank and see if it is low.
I checked and tank is almost full since its only two weeks and suppose to last for three months. I ll re check everything again like if any water current is diverting the mist from diffuser. I spoke with store and he told me diffuser is fine since it is emitting good mist.
Your fish seem fine and the plants are pearling. What needle valve are you using and what kind of co2 concentration do you have?
To be honest i don't know anything how co2 system works. The guy came and installed and explained me when to close and open etc and how to increase and decrease co2 supply.

If you get really concerned with co2 concentration increase surface movement to help it off gas.

The quick and dirty way to get an idea of how much co2 you have is by ph drop. Take a measure of your water and allow it to set for 24 hours. Test ph. Now you have a baseline to understand your water with no extra co2

So, if you measure 7.5 ph in your off gassed sample you want 6.5 or so at the time your lights come on and then that maintained through your light period. This is roughly 30 ppm of co2. You don’t want much more than that, you can do with a little less

That is crazy weird. Its like the CO2 is not dissolving into the water.

I would do what was mentioned above. Figure out your PH drop. Take your PH reading before CO2 comes on and then take it again middle of the day when CO2 concentration should be maxed.

I would also recommend building a reactor instead of using those atomizer's as this will definitely help with dissolving and controlling CO2 levels IMO

here is one I made but there are ton of advice how to and over the counter options

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-cerges-co2-reactor-biofilter-357263.html

That looks perfectly normal to me. I wish my diffusers worked as well as yours is. That is a great, consistent stream of tiny bubbles.

How big is the tank again?

I agree, look for the 1.0 - 1.3 pH drop. My fish seem maxed out at a 1.1 drop, but each tank is different.

Thanks a lot for the replies. According my LFS it is normal and in fact good that such a great mist is emitting. Plants are pearling good too.

Back
Top Bottom