CO2 leaks....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I learned my lesson, lol. I've never checked for CO2 leaks when setting up my tanks. My first 5lb tank lasted 6 months. Then when I got my 10lb tank, it's been running since setup. Then I brought my 5lb in and upgraded to a 10lb, and set it up. Lasted less than 2 months. So I took it in and refilled, lasted less than 1 month, lol. I go, WHAT? lol. So tonight I used some Windex and sprayed the main connection. No leak. Then I checked the solenoid input side, no leak. I then check the solenoid output side, BINGO. And it was leaking fast. So as soon as this tank is completely run down, which will be in a couple days anyways, whether I fix it or not, I'll redo the teflon tape and tighten it down really tight this time. The 2nd tank still seems to be up to pressure, as the last refill for both tanks were at the same time. I'm hoping to get about a year out of the 10lb tanks, as the 5lb one I had lasted 6 months. And since I'm thinking of runninga 2nd planted tank on the same bottle as the 75G, which has 2 outputs going to the 75G itself, I may upgrade the 10lb to a 15lb. And once the other bottle is empty, I may upgrade it as well. The nice thing about the place where I get my CO2, when you do an upgrade, the total cost after adding the cost of the initial tank and the upgrade cost, it's less than buying the larger tank from the start. :)

So, lesson learned, check for CO2 leaks upon completion of all work done on your CO2.

Back
Top Bottom