co2 measuring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daneek155

Aquarium Advice Activist
i bought a cheap zoo co2 checker from drfosterandsmith but not to crazy about it...... im trying to go off the chart but confused to the number on the kh. like 0.5/1.0 what does that transfor to???
her is what i have I have 3 drops of kh and a ph of 6.4

According to the KH/pH/CO2 chart...
KH of 3 + pH of 6.4 = 35ppm CO2
... A little high.

It's not a real good reference though as there are too many other things buffering your water and effecting your KH and pH.

Get a drop checker. Still not totally accurate but they are reliable as you are using a known good solution for the test.

so the co2 chart numbers on the left go by drops added?? becasue kh i meant as in it took 3 drops to change the water to yellow... why does the chart go in halfs?like 1.5/2.5

I guess that would depend on the test you are using. The API and the Tetra KH test kits are one KH per drop if using a 5ml water sample. If using a 10ml water sample then each drop equals 0.5 KH. Refer to the instructions.

ok i understand now that i gues my drop checker must be right
becasue it is on the yellow side now.i put a diy reactor and didnt change the bps count and it diffuse it etter tthan the dumb air stone did.could that be right tho i am at only 2bp right now? its a 55g tank med heavy planted swords and wisteria

Back
Top Bottom