Co2 multi ways splitter..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueCoral

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello guys, im using 3litre co2 cylinder..and i connect it to multi ways splitter..how do i get equal
preasure to each ways..
1 for 1.5ft tank
the other is nano tank..and it keep pop out the tube from the U shape..

I'm not 100% sure if I am understanding you correctly. You say cylinder so I assuming a presurreized CO2 system not a 3 litre POP bottle home made ACO2 system

but here's what I think you meant and what you should do. Its still relevant no matter what system you are using

You need to be able to control the pressure and flow....I assume you have a regulator for your CO2..

What is the output PSI at the main regulator ? I set mine at about 30 PSI. Since you are splitting this you may need to raise that a bit but its important to control the CO2 Pressure and flow at the main regulator.

This should reduce the pressure so your not blowing off the lines do to too much PSI / Flow hitting the splitter.

From there both tanks are going to have slightly different needs which means after the split you may want to plumb in a precision flow valve (Dakota's are about $80 a piece) on both ends of the split then add in a couple of Bubble counters (cheap about $10 a piece) so you can dial in whats best for each individual tank

my output is 40 psi..IMG_7775.JPG and i use this kind of splitter..and i can get exact amount Co2 Bps i need it..when the tube keep slide off the "U" shape that connect between the bubble counter and the diffuser..

I think I have some of those. These look to be for normal air pumps. The CO2 ones I have are either very tight fitting or have a nut to lock CO2 line onto fitting.

I have a splitter from co2art and it has needle valves for either line.

https://www.co2art.co.uk/collections/co2-splitters

owh i see..so my splitter is not suitable for co2..i have to
find a new one with needle valve..thank you :)

Not a problem - there must be something local that does the job (I’m from Australia), but I couldn’t find anything at the time (several years back now). I ended up buying that one in link from UK.

Not a problem - there must be something local that does the job (I’m from Australia), but I couldn’t find anything at the time (several years back now). I ended up buying that one in link from UK.

yeah im ended buy it online just now..2 weeks shipping..all my local shop dont have this needle valve type..

Very rare in Australia as well (at least on western side). Mainly cichlid keeping or saltwater so not much stocked in shops.

Back
Top Bottom