CO2 Pressurized system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imsyu

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i finally set up my Co2 pressurized system and it seems i have too much and my fish are breathing at the top

What is your operating pressure? Do you use pH controller or is it on a timer?

it was at 50 PSI when i turned it on and i keept it around there no timer or controller first time using it, there was some flourish excel in the water from a day ago maybe thats whyt

How long has it been running? Do you have a drop checker? Sorry for all questions, trying to get some data we can help with.

it was running for like not even 30-45minutes i have a drop checker but when i got it int he mail the store was closed so i couldnt get ph solution

should i wait for the co2/flourish excel to be used up for today/tomorrow and once i get my drop checker with all the solutions thenc ontinue with the pressurized system?

yes to bubble counter and 29 gallon

I think I would set operating pressure at about 30psi or where you have 1-3bps on bubble counter. Set it on timer to go on/off with your lights.

okay well ill give it a day or no co2 to clear out the system then and try again or should i just start back up

You could probably start back up tomorrow. In mean time, try to get that drop checker working asap. That will be your guide.

thanks for the help! yeah ill get the ph solution tomorrow after class/work and try to start up again

CO2 should clear up within a few hours, longer with higher concentrations. What was your bps set at?

ill try some more later tonight if not tomorrow morning/afternoon once i get my ph solution and drop checker working

Back
Top Bottom