Co2 products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to by a co2 system but not sure what name brand/ product is good. I have a 55 gallon and will soon be getting the ray 2 led light fixture. If anyone could refer me to a good product or website that would be great.

Aquatek makes a good regulator for the value. You can get it new from eBay or Amazon. But on eBay Aquatek adds extras like tubing and bubble counter. You'll just need to buy a diffuser, CO2 cylinder, and timer. I'd also recommend getting a drop checker with 4dkh reference solution so that you can get a visual indication of how much estimated co2 is being dissolved in the water.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Basic-A...316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0ca5ec4c

Aquatek makes a good regulator for the value. You can get it new from eBay or Amazon. But on eBay Aquatek adds extras like tubing and bubble counter. You'll just need to buy a diffuser, CO2 cylinder, and timer. I'd also recommend getting a drop checker with 4dkh reference solution so that you can get a visual indication of how much estimated co2 is being dissolved in the water.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Basic-AQUATEK-CO2-Regulator-with-Integrated-COOL-TOUCH-Solenoid-/330924682316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0ca5ec4c

Is this good for a 55 gallon aquarium? How big of a co2 tank can fit this, And do I need to buy the same name brand diffuser and what kind of drop checker do you recommend?

What kind of filter are you running? Inline atomic diffusers are great if you're using a canister filter. Otherwise, maybe a ceramic one is fine? I'd get a circulation pump to help get the co2 dispersed throughout the tank more efficiently. I like the cheap glass drop checkers on eBay. As for the cylinder, get at least a 10#.

I have two HOB filters one is aqua clear 110 and the other is topfin 75 I was looking at the Deluxe AQUATEK CO2 Regulator with Integrated Solenoid (R-76-4) for Hydroponics and Indoor Garden. Or would this be like overkill, I will probably have FW tanks in the future and most likely larger tanks. So I'm looking at this as an investment for now and the future.

aquatek is good , i use one . make sure you get the aquatek PREMIUM regulator so you can adjust the P.S.I . you can buy a 5lb co2 tank off amazon for like 50 bucks and get it filled . also get the brass bubble counter from ebay , it screws in to the regulator and is much better. the bubble counter that comes with the aquatek is sub par and plastic . as for the diffuser i suggest you spend 10 bucks and make your own rex grigg . its very good ... unless you want to see bubbles in your tank .

bubble counter

CO2 Bubble Counter Check Valve "B Brass Regulator Diffuser Solenoid Reactor | eBay

Rex Grigg reactor

How To Build A CO2 Reactor | Build a Regulator | Test Kit

aquatek is good , i use one . make sure you get the aquatek PREMIUM regulator so you can adjust the P.S.I . you can buy a 5lb co2 tank off amazon for like 50 bucks and get it filled . also get the brass bubble counter from ebay , it screws in to the regulator and is much better. the bubble counter that comes with the aquatek is sub par and plastic . as for the diffuser i suggest you spend 10 bucks and make your own rex grigg . its very good ... unless you want to see bubbles in your tank .
]

Wouldn't the deluxe be better though because I could sort of fine tune the psi? It's only ten buck more, and I would still get a bubble counter and a diffuser.

I have two HOB filters one is aqua clear 110 and the other is topfin 75 I was looking at the Deluxe AQUATEK CO2 Regulator with Integrated Solenoid (R-76-4) for Hydroponics and Indoor Garden. Or would this be like overkill, I will probably have FW tanks in the future and most likely larger tanks. So I'm looking at this as an investment for now and the future.

forget the reactor.. you can use one of these then.
CO2 Glass Diffuser with Suction Cup for Plant Aquarium Tank | eBay
get a couple so you can switch off when cleaning them.

not saying to get the exact ones , just an example :)

Wouldn't the deluxe be better though because I could sort of fine tune the psi? It's only ten buck more, and I would still get a bubble counter and a diffuser.

I cant offer advice on that . the premium ( the one i bought) you can adjust the psi, its only on the basic model you cant.

I cant offer advice on that . the premium ( the one i bought) you can adjust the psi, its only on the basic model you cant.

Thanks for everything guys, and how happy are you with aquatek? I mean you have any problems so far with it? And how long have you had it running?

Thanks for everything guys, and how happy are you with aquatek? I mean you have any problems so far with it? And how long have you had it running?

bought it a couple years ago and im happy with it . there are those that argue that a dual stage regulator is better due to end of tank dump but i have had my tanks totally on empty and havent had that occur . i am sure dual stage regs are better but for me any basic setup is good enough as long as its does its job . has a pretty good needle valve that holds its settings and is built sturdy.

Aquatek is good... I have two of their regulators for over a year now. Since you're planning on more potential aquariums, Aquatek also sells a manifold splitter so you can run multiple lines out of a single regulator/cylinder. I've been using the cheap plastic bubble counters that came with my regulators just fine too. It serves its purpose and has integrated check valves. I wouldn't worry too much about upgrading to the brass ones just yet. Besides most of the brass ones have been getting horrible reviews, check Amazon and read for yourself.

Just to make sure I'm getting everything I need, I would by the deluxe regulator, the diffuser and a bubble counter right?

I'd go with the premium, not the deluxe. Looks like the deluxe is for terrestrial hydroponics and such. If you have a large budget, you can consider a pH controller. I just use a simple timer and dial in the BPS rate, personally. But some people like that extra control. If that interests you, you can also consider getting this Milwaukee bundle. I believe Aquatek and Milwaukee are about the same in quality.

Milwaukee MC122 and MA957 Ph Water Controller with CO2 Flow Pressure Regulator | eBay

Back
Top Bottom