CO2 refill issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShaunRowley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I have a standard co2 tank that hooks up to a welding system. But in the area I live in, they don't refill tanks like the one I have. The only place that will refill a tank is a paintball store kinda far from me. the problem is that welding co2 tanks and paintball co2 tanks don't have the same threads. I'm looking for an adapter that I can screw onto my tank so that it will fit the threads of the refilling tank at the paintball store. Does anyone know where I can find an adapter like this? I've had no such luck finding one myself

Check with the local mom and pop pizza place and find out who refills the co2 for their coke fountain I have had better luck and better pricing with the restaurant supply places filling my tank then any other place.

The paintball store probably won't fill your tank for safety concerns. I wouldn't trust their ability to completely fill the tank either.

Do you live somewhere rural that doesn't have very many places available? You should be able to find something within 10-20 mins that will fill it up. Hydroponic shops, breweries, and industrial supply stores are all decent bets.

Back
Top Bottom