Co2 system for nano tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just ordered a 12" Finnex fugeray planted + light for my 4 gallon planted tank. The tank is no more than 12" deep and I was thinking that the light may be too much without Co2. I would prefer not set up a system for such a small tank, could I just dose some excel and flourish?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Suspend the light?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Suspend the light?

I would have to build a hanger, which I know would be cake for most of the people on here, but I don't know howmuch stuff I want to put on the desk. It's pretty cramped as is

I can walk you through a pvc rig like this..or a cable rig like the one on the right.

Attachments

• 1420463982211.jpg
    1420463982211.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 77
I also suspended one of my LEDs by using wall shelf brackets and some fishing line. It was pretty easy.

Edit:
Don't have the pic in my phone of the shelf brackets, but they had a black rod iron look with a decorative curl underneath that allowed me to tie the line on it.

Here's a photo of how the suspended finnex looked over it, however.

Last edited:
That looks really cool but I don't have much space to work with. Is there a small Co2 system that doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't need refilling every week?

You can do a paintball rig. The name brand nano set ups are cool, but you'll spend money on the proprietary replacement cartridges. As the cartridges are not refillable. The paintball canisters are very cheap to refill it will last you a long time.

Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-AQUAT..._sim_sg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1X8FTQRGGNJ0WR8HMA5N

Some hobbyists make paintball rigs for people. There are vids on YouTube.

There are plenty of options out there. The tiny systems look great. They Will last a reasonable time on a small tank. You just have to decide if you want to pay more money upfront or overtime because that is the main difference between the paintball systems and the proprietary systems.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I run a aquatek mini paintball rig in the tank to the right. Been 3 months and the pressure gauge hasn't budged.

I would have to build a hanger, which I know would be cake for most of the people on here, but I don't know howmuch stuff I want to put on the desk. It's pretty cramped as is

5.5g

What size tank brookster?

Hmmm, well the tank isn't going to be set up for a very long time, as I'm moving out in about 6 months. So getting a nano system might not be a bad idea

Sounds about right, my low-med light 10gal would go through a tank in about 3-4 months. The 26 gallon lasts me about a month... LOL

I also use the aquatek mini for paintball. It's a great paintball rig for the money. Needle valve isn't the most accurate, but gets the job done. What's also important over the smaller "cartridge" systems (i.e. Fluval co2 system) is that the aquatek has a solenoid valve, so you can really make those co2 cylinders last longer.. GLA makes premium co2 regulators for paintball too, but they're significantly more spendy.

I went ahead and bought the fluval 20g system along with some other pieces. Can't wait to get this and the light put together

I went ahead and bought the fluval 20g system along with some other pieces. Can't wait to get this and the light put together

Ugh.. it's a major endeavor to run that thing properly... good luck

Ugh.. it's a major endeavor to run that thing properly... good luck

The reviews look alright. I just didn't want to drop more than $40 on a co2 system for a 4 gallon tank.

Okie dokes

Back
Top Bottom