Co2 tank question HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jehenry89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 5 gallon co2 tank and for some reason, it keeps running out completely over night! I had a Azoo regulator originally and I had to refill the tank three times because it kept running out. I kept checking for leaks and I am not seeing anything. I took it to the welding store that I get the thing filled at and asked him WTF :confused:! He looked at it and said the connections are good and yada yada, it might be a faulty regulator he also suggested buying tubing that was specially made for co2. I purchased a new regulator and the tubing. Filled the tank and again...its gone again within 24 hours! I really don't understand what is going on and I was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions as to what could be causing this problem. I'm really starting to get upset.
Thanks

For it to be emptying that fast there is definitely a leak. Use soapy water and run it over every connection and you should be able to see where its coming from.

Definitely do the soapy water check for a leak. A leak "downstream" of the regulator won't leak off that much CO2, especially if you have a solenoid that shuts it off at night. My guess would be the connection from the regulator to the tank. Are you using teflon tape and a nylon washer to connect it?

What was your BPS? Can you post a pic of your setup?

impossible...the guy is probably jerking you when you refill... are you weighing the empty co2 tank before and after? there is no way you can empty a 5lb co2 tank overnight unless you have it wide open without the regulator on it . your tank if its aluminum should weight about 13-14 pounds when full and about 8 pounds empty.

Back
Top Bottom