co2 threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neontetra1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fulval and almost all 16g, 20g, and 25g threaded cartridges are 3/8 -24.
They will fit the Fulval 20g kit.

Hi, welcome! I'm sorry, it's early here and I'm missing what your question is or information you are posting?

Hi

No, it's just a statement. Most people (like me) have a hard time finding inexpensive co2 without buying a huge tank and expensive regulators. I found a company that you can get 30 threaded 16g co2 cartridges that will fit a Fluval 20g co2 kit. The company cartridge that comes with the kit are about $10 each (give or take a buck) to replace. I found a company with 16g cartridges that will fit the system for about $1 each. 30 cartridges for 29.99 plus shipping, instead of Fluval replacements which are about $25 for 3 20g cartridges plus shipping.

Thanks for the clarification. That's a good deal on the cartridges. The replacement cost for the brand name cartridges are probably the #1 negative reason for using these.

Ah, got it (not quite used to all the units of measure). Yes, have looked at the replacement cartridge idea here but the ongoing cost is severe (as opposed to the initial cost of one-off buys to startup which is merely mind numbing).

Back
Top Bottom