Co2 time? Constant or intermittent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if the co2 is dissolved by the time it's out of the filter will the air still take the co2 out of the tank?

if the co2 is dissolved by the time it's out of the filter will the air still take the co2 out of the tank?

CO2 will leave the tank as long as the concentration in the water is higher than it is in the surrounding air. Surface agitation and other actions that result in increased surface area will help remove CO2 faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I been looking for a new filter with a spray bar. so if I have 1 its best to have it only come on at night so I don't remove all the co2 from the diy co2 maker ?

I been looking for a new filter with a spray bar. so if I have 1 its best to have it only come on at night so I don't remove all the co2 from the diy co2 maker ?

Running anything that creates surface agitation will increase CO2 loss regardless of whether it is during the day or night. The DIY CO2 generator will continue to produce a steady amount of CO2 as long as there is enough "fuel".
I would just let the DIY CO2 run 24/7. If you feel that there is too much CO2 at night (drop checker can be used for this), then put an air pump, additional filter, or power head on a timer to run when the lights are off. IMO the typical DIY setup will not produce too much CO2 in such that additional aeration is needed during non-light hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yes that is what I mean run it at night to take away what the plants produce and ad more oxygen. I only want 1 in there to remove the film that seems to be building up on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom