Colorful plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Consultree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any suggestions as to a colorful plant that might work well in a medium lit tank?
This isa list of what I currently have, the only color is the Red Melon sword.
Red Melon Sword
Downoi-Pogostemon helferi
Rotala indica
Amazon Sword

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finnex planted plus are the lights I have

AR mini!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Following along for more answers. I have the same light. What about Red Tiger Lotus? I don't see that discussed much here.

I agree, Red tiger lotus is a great choice for sure. If you have the lighting, ludwigia dark red, glandulosa, hygro narrow, ammania gracilis, ludwigia cuba.

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

Cryptocoryne wendtii tropica, red tiger lotus, echinodorus red ruben var narrowleaf, cryptocoryne wendtii red, aponogeton ulvaceaus, ludwiga repens, sunset hygrophila

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had to move my Cryptocorne Wendi because it did not like the lighting change. The leaves cupped.

I had to move my Cryptocorne Wendi because it did not like the lighting change. The leaves cupped.

I know crypts have a tendency of being sensitive to changes, but don't they usually bounce back well?

I like Bacopa caroliniana and star repens for their bright green coloration. Used as a background and foreground plant, respectively, they contrast well against pinks and reds.

I like Bacopa caroliniana and star repens for their bright green coloration. Used as a background and foreground plant, respectively, they contrast well against pinks and reds.

Bacopa caroliniana will take on a golden pink to copper red color on the ends as they get close to the light as well

Back
Top Bottom