Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

confusion at the lfs + plant id needed

I went the the lfs today to pick up another jungle val to match one I got last week that is already growing like crazy . The guy I found to help me I;d never seen before and it became quite apparent that he knew nothing about plants! I could have taken advantage of the situation in a big way but I refrained. There was no price listed for jungle vals, the only vals that had a price were the corkscrews ($1.99). I could see a huge bunch of jungles that wanted, and as he pulled it out, he said, "oh, there's actually 2 in here". No big deal, I'll take them both I tell him. He bags them up and when I get home this is what I find:

So not only are there 4 plants, one of which is sprouting a baby, in there, but one isn't even the same! Looks like an onion plant to me, do you guys concur?

My punishment for sitting back and allowing this guy to sell me 4 plants for less than a buck a piece ("club members" get 20% off all plants) was that the flowering aponogeton that I picked up for 2.49 or something had the flower break off when I tried to plant it (this is the second time that's happened). Then I said a bad word.

And that is my story.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice deal! Yes, that looks like an onion plant (Crinum). Your aponogeton should flower again if it's happy, mine was flowering so much that it was acutally driving me nuts before I traded it to someone with a bigger tank!

Tags
lfs, plant, plant id

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com