confusion at the lfs + plant id needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went the the lfs today to pick up another jungle val to match one I got last week that is already growing like crazy :D . The guy I found to help me I;d never seen before and it became quite apparent that he knew nothing about plants! I could have taken advantage of the situation in a big way but I refrained. There was no price listed for jungle vals, the only vals that had a price were the corkscrews ($1.99). I could see a huge bunch of jungles that wanted, and as he pulled it out, he said, "oh, there's actually 2 in here". No big deal, I'll take them both I tell him. He bags them up and when I get home this is what I find:
img_768955_0_95652165207273775d6990b2b6ab62c6.jpg

img_768955_1_b7320c7b717bd3a6c30c90fce4b2b8f5.jpg

img_768955_2_1a0c2ee3490411dd4c8c80eb8ee7f93f.jpg

So not only are there 4 plants, one of which is sprouting a baby, in there, but one isn't even the same! Looks like an onion plant to me, do you guys concur?

My punishment for sitting back and allowing this guy to sell me 4 plants for less than a buck a piece ("club members" get 20% off all plants) was that the flowering aponogeton that I picked up for 2.49 or something had the flower break off when I tried to plant it (this is the second time that's happened). Then I said a bad word.

And that is my story.

Nice deal! Yes, that looks like an onion plant (Crinum). Your aponogeton should flower again if it's happy, mine was flowering so much that it was acutally driving me nuts before I traded it to someone with a bigger tank!

Back
Top Bottom