Coralife - Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diablos

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

Got some more questions on lighting. I can't find retrofit lights for the freshwater coralife 48". They make these for the salt water version with the Two 65 watt 10,000K and two 65 watt True Actinic 03 Blue retrofitted, but not the freshwater one with the 6,700k x 4.

Oh yeah the reason I'm so set on retrofitted is my canopy is set up for retrofitted lights and is beautiful... so I want to use it properly. Now if I were to buy the salt water version w/Two 65 watt 10,000K and two 65 watt True Actinic 03 Blue. Would I have problems? Remeber I would NOT like to not use c02. Could I get away with not turning the blues on?

Another questions is what is the purpose of the blue lights, for coral or something?

Finally maybe the freshwater setup can be pulled out of the aluminum bezel?, or if someone can find the freshwater ones retrofited that would be stellar.

The SW setup will work fine. the atnic bulbs wont add to plant growth but will show off you fish nicely. The bulbs can be replaced if you decide to go high light some time in the future. Have you tried AH supply for a retrofit kit?

Hmmm well main feature of the tank will be... Jack Dempsey. Now that I think of it those lights might look really cool off them. Not to mention I found the salt water setup for almost half of what the freshwater set-up costs :roll:

Back
Top Bottom