Coralite lighting help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Folks,
I just installed a new Coralite Aqualite 4X65 lighting fixure. Problem is with the legs I cant open the glass canopy to feed the fish or service the tank! I bought both the adjustable legs and the clear stationary legs and both dont allow the canopy to open. Seems to me anyone with a glass canopy would have the same problem with a 4X65 Coralite lamp set up.
Suggestions? Help!!
Thanks in advance!!
CliffZ

I have this problem too. I just slide the lid forward til the hinge is out from the legs and I can open it. It's fine for feeding. If I need to do maintenance, I just take the lid off.

Aren't there hinged legs also that allow you to flip the fixture up?

Seems to me that drsfostersmith.com sells something that allows you to hinge the big lights. Browse a bit and see. I know I've something along those lines. I'll look too.

If it's just a matter of the legs coming to far forward on the glass canopy, you could get some new glass custom cut. Increase the width of the back piece and decrease the width of the front piece by the same amount enough to move the hinge forward and out from under the legs. You'll end up with a smaller openning, but should still be able to perform feedings this way. I actually have one tank where this wouldn't work because the fixture is almost the exact same width as the tank. In that case I just rest the front corners of the canopy on top of the legs so that I can still open the lid without messing with the light every time. This leads to a little bit more evaporation, but not a significant amount.

I typically just feed at the back of the tank, where the glass top is cut apart for the filter intake, or where the HOB filter sits.

thanks

Folks,
Well im glad I'm not the only one with this issue! For what its worth-I did purchase the hinged legs also( thats right--2 sets of legs.) --same problem. The instructions on the hinged legs read "not for use with aquariums with glass canopies" Customer service at BIG Als should have mentioned this!!!
thanks again for your feedback!!
Cliff

Back
Top Bottom