CoralLife Aqualights opinions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesMJ2

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any expirience with CoralLife products?, in particular the Aqualight Tank lamp? I am looking for opinions, gripes, compliments, links to info. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. The model I am looking at is the Aqualight 36' 1x96watt 6,700K lamp. Thanks in advance.

Hello. I have a Coralife on my 10 gal and 46 gal. The hood and light combo is expensive, but in my opinion, worth it. It usually comes standard with a 50/50 bulb, so you may have to buy another bulb if you want pure white light, which is what I did. I went from incandescent to compact flourescent, so the change I saw is probably greater than the change you will see from your Sealife light. I have live plants and fish in my tank, and all is going well. Also, I have heard great things from people (customers) at the LFS where I bought mine. I hope that was the kind of response you were looking for :D

Yea, thats very helpful thank you. I have found one for $108.00 total(shipping& Tax since it's CA) It comes with the 6,700K bulb and it's 36inches so it fits the new tank. I would rather not purchase a new lamp as I do like my customSeaLife one, but If I have to then I have too, I can always sell the old one. So you have never had any problems with yours and your plants do well under the light. Sounds good to me, anyone else have anything to add?

I've just ordered my Aqualight 36' 1x96watt 6,700K lamp from www.thatpetplace.com for my 30-Long. It should be here early in the week; I'll let you know how I (and more importantly, the fish and plants) like it.

I received my Aqualight today around lunchtime. It took no time to remove my old lights (twin 24" standard flourescents, 40 watts total) from my 30 gal tank and install the new Aqualight 96 watt. My first thought "holy smokes". It is extremely bright, and much more light than I had anticipated. My fish were a little skiddish at first, but by evening, they had settled down. I ordered the Freshwater version with the 6700K daylight bulb. It removed all dark spots from the tank, forcing me to "redevelop" caves/hiding spots. Other than that, I am very pleased with the purchase initially.

The only thing I dislike: having to order the support legs separately and install them. For the 36", it was relatively easy to install them. I can foresee possibly for the 48" lights, that you might need two people to install/adjust the legs. The legs, however, are great. They raise the light off the lid by about 2 inches, so you don't have to remove the light for feeding, water samples, etc.

My overall grade: A- (the minus is for purchasing the legs separately).
Initial Light Quality: A+
Purchase price: $99.99 (u.S.) for light, $8.99 for legs from www.thatpetplace.com

I'll repost on this in about a month, and let you know how my plants have reacted to the light.

Thanks Galerius. I appreciate the post. You might try HelloLights next time as they are cheaper then thatpetplace.com. I did go ahead and purchase the AquaLight 36" 1x96watt 6,700K. It looks much more sturdy then my CustomSeaLife fixture. I might think about getting some legs for mine too, as you pointed out it's a handy feature.

Back
Top Bottom