corydora pygmaeus, oh yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Scroggins..

Aquarium Advice Freak
i stopped by a fish store near the restaurant we ate at tonight, and i was surprised and excited to see they had some corydora pygmaeus, but they were labeled as corydora hastatus. i think they are usually priced about the same..? i picked up 13 at $3 each... and thought that was a decent deal having not been able to find them anywhere but the internet. anyways i'm pretty pumped. :pimp:

Congrats on your find! I had some for almost two years. Great little fish, though I found them to be significantly more "shy" than other cory species I've owned before. Could be my tank was not as thickly planted as they liked, or it could be my school was a little on the small side (started with 6 but lost 2 in the first month or so I had them). Either way, they were very cute. Just cute in a shy-cute kind of way. :D

Hope you enjoy them!

Very cool fish and that's a great price. Congrats!

absolutely my new favorite fish. i'm gonna be back in the town where i found them tonight, try and see if i cant buy the rest of the little guys he had think there was 3 or 4 more.. the ones i have now have adapted extremely well. what and when should i feed them?? normal flake, and algae discs every once and a while??

cories forage, they eat when they want, every other day I toss in 5 or so algae wafers, they get seaweed treat too but they eat flake,bloodworms,beefheart,ect

they are identical to the corydoras less size.

they are the same with mine, they love the air bubbles =] all they do is go up and down up and down LOL, i havent seen it recently since they have been just hanging around the DW =[

they get older they settle down. young ones act like they are on a permanent meth high.

Back
Top Bottom