Cost of Metricide/Procide/Glutaraldehyde?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoeplein

Aquarium Advice Addict
My sister can get a gallon of Procide for about $32 (from her dental supplier). I won't know the specific concentration until Thursday.

I've found a gallon of 1.8% Metricide for about $20-30, not including shipping, and most places have a minimum on the number of bottles (4+), putting the total cost upwards of $100. I've even looked at the higher concentrations.

How much did you pay for yours? What supplier?

I also noticed it had a much stronger scent than that of API CO2 Booster. What is the concentration in Seachem Excel?

:thanks:

I paid 20 dollars for a gallon of metricide 14 shipped off of eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just know the only glut that's on eBay for $20.99 shipped for a gallon has a title called "CIDEX METRICIDE OMNICIDE 14..." and has a default picture of a gallon of metricide. But note, the title says "OMNICIDE" in it and that's in fact what you'll actually receive.

It's pretty much the same stuff and I've been using it for months already in the same exact manner as metricide. Just an FYI.

I cautiously order my metricide off amazon for around $30..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got mine off amazon for $30 shipped as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, $32 for a gallon of 2.5% Procide-D from a dental distributor. Kind of sad they aren't getting a better deal...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My sister can get a gallon of Procide for about $32 (from her dental supplier). I won't know the specific concentration until Thursday.

I've found a gallon of 1.8% Metricide for about $20-30, not including shipping, and most places have a minimum on the number of bottles (4+), putting the total cost upwards of $100. I've even looked at the higher concentrations.

How much did you pay for yours? What supplier?

I also noticed it had a much stronger scent than that of API CO2 Booster. What is the concentration in Seachem Excel?

:thanks:

For similar to API (1.6% from memory), I pay about $90 per 4 litres or roughly a gallon. Just found another place where the cost would be slightly more but it is 10%. Buying that now and will sort out dosing later :)

Back
Top Bottom