Crypt species- melting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

groman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I purchased crypts on ebay 4 weeks ago and they've melted away and have not grown back. I'm assuming they're done for.... Was wondering if your experience with melting crypts is similar? And if not, please let me know of a reputable source for crypts!

Thanks!

My crypt melted almost completely away, with only a few sad looking leaves. I stuck some root tabs underneath it and it grew back. Maybe give that a try?

Everything dies and that's a fact. It has to acclimate to your tank the new growth will be in tune with your system. It's crazy to expect to keep all the same growth they came with. Almost never seen it happen. And certainly not with lighter green plants like crypts. These things take time.
Patience Daniel San

Everything dies and that's a fact. It has to acclimate to your tank the new growth will be in tune with your system. It's crazy to expect to keep all the same growth they came with. Almost never seen it happen. And certainly not with lighter green plants like crypts. These things take time.
Patience Daniel San

I always expected melting, but I've never seen it to this extent. Hopefully they will bounce back with more time. They do have Seachem root tabs underneath them amongst the ecocomplete.Thanks!

Hi all,

I purchased crypts on ebay 4 weeks ago and they've melted away and have not grown back. I'm assuming they're done for.... Was wondering if your experience with melting crypts is similar? And if not, please let me know of a reputable source for crypts!

Thanks!

Crypts are notorious for melting when put in a new environment, even in the best of conditions--this is also especially true for emersed Crypts transitioning to submersed. Give it a chance to grow back, and if you don't see anything within a month, check to see if the roots are melted--if so, just put them in compost or the trash.

Back
Top Bottom