Cryptocorne leaves curling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Consultree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Cryptocorne Wendii began cupping inward after I installed my new Finnex LED lights. Is it possible the lights are to bright? As per an earlier inquiry regarding micro nutrient deficiency I added some more Flourish to my tank and nothing has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My Cryptocorne Wendii began cupping inward after I installed my new Finnex LED lights. Is it possible the lights are to bright? As per an earlier inquiry regarding micro nutrient deficiency I added some more Flourish to my tank and nothing has changed.

Most likely. The ferts and carbon are probably not matching the lighting. Which Finnex model did you get?
My crypts in a low light no fert/carbon setup (well, they do get root tabs every 3-4 months) are healthy. If I bumped up the lighting then I would have to address the other two factors as well.

Your Crypts

Hello Con...

Crypts are very sensitive to changes in their environment. If your plants just go through a little leaf curling, then you'll be fortunate. This plant typically dies back due to shock and some never recover. Those that do regrow take several weeks, but are healthy because they've adapted to the new tank conditions. These plants will do better with root tabs instead of a liquid fertilizer and prefer low to moderate light.

B

Thanks. I moved them to a lower lit tank where I moved some others a couple weeks back. They all adapted and have grown regular leaves.

Back
Top Bottom