Crypts and swordtails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I recently added some swordtails to my 20g because I rehomed a few fish and now my crypts which were full and beautiful are now decimated and down to like 5 or 6 stems and leaves from like 20. is it the swordtails to blame or possibly the fact that I just started using root tabs? I do see like 4 or 5 new stems coming out so idk what to think or do! All my other plants are fine! The crypts have been in the tank for about a year.

Crypts are known to be tough to move around, and are prone to melt when moved. They should be fine and should come back strong. Root tabs will help them re-establish.

Ya but they were never moved around. Maybe when I pushed the tabs in it messed with them a bit tho. Im hoping they aren't being shredded by the swordtails because they were my favorite plant lol.

What are your levels? I don't have experience with swordtails but it sounds abit drastic to be fish,

My water params are normal. At least what I can test. The other plants are doing fine maybe I just broke some roots when I put the root tabs in?

Coursair said:
Just watch it and see if it comes back. Mine regrew from the ground up.

Ok thanks I'll keep an eye out. It's just depressing cuz they looked so good.

It's possible they were overly hungry due to the fact that they were just brought home from the local petco.

Back
Top Bottom