Crypts in Planters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well the planters are not going to be the ones that plants come in normally but I will be using ceramic ones. The idea is to put the crypts in the planters. 2-3 inch planters for each plant, well group of plants. What i am hoping for is a large plant that I can fertilize in each planter that will grow over the edges and make natural hiding spots for corys and other fish and fry.

The quesiton is, will crypts do well in this setting? They will be in substrate, not rockwool, smaller than pea sized gravel and the gravel will be stirred by MTS once I get them. They will get a good fertilizer tab when they need them.

I think it will make a nice aquascaping addition to have pots of crypts in the front in each corner. Crypt Becketti, Crypt Red Wendtii, Crypt Lucens are what I have. Wendtii and Lucens are big groups, becketti is two smaller plants.

What does everyone think?

I used to have a fish that loved to dig, but I didn't want to give up on plants. I ended up filling two ceramic saucers with soil and putting my plants in there. They loved it! I had much richer soil in there than the gravel I had everywhere else at the time, so it worked out well for them.

I put crypt lutea in a terra-cotta pot and it did very well. It made a ver nice "bush."

Back
Top Bottom