CSM+B - Cannot find it anywhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tim_s

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I am trying to get the dry ferts for my tank and the recommendation on the EI side is for the following,

Potassium Nitrate
Monopotassium Phosphate
Chelated Trace Element Mix (TNC Trace, CSM+B)

Outside of the fact Potassium Nitrate seems to be a nightmare to find and shipping from the US is not an option. I have a new problem - Nobody understands what I am asking for when I say,

"Do you have Chelated Trace Element Mix (TNC Trace, CSM+B)" lol

Just an update, I found the chelated trace mix from a local hydroponics company.

A shocking turn of events... *deep whisper* unfolds. Muahahaha!!

If I understand your instructions, I need to cook the KNO3 over an open flame correct to seal in the goodness?

** P.s. if you come across this post with a Google search, please do not hold a flame to your KNO3 it will not be a pretty situation.

*** Ok SOME might think it is pretty but it is still dangerous.

tim_s said:
If I understand your instructions, I need to cook the KNO3 over an open flame correct to seal in the goodness?

** P.s. if you come across this post with a Google search, please do not hold a flame to your KNO3 it will not be a pretty situation.

*** Ok SOME might think it is pretty but it is still dangerous.

After following your excellent advice and returning from the emergency room with only minor tissue trauma I realized a flaw in my execution. I needed a bigger flame! *goes outside to get the crawfish boiler* >_<

You sir, are truly insane! lmao

KNO3 is not particularly flammable, although it will burn with a pretty purple flame.

For sure!, but if the joke needed to include the word "Sugar" or another viable energy source - it would of lost its punchline LOL

Back
Top Bottom