CSM+B Plantex Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
first what is in CSM+B Plantex? what elements/nutrients (is it basically equivalent to flourish?
does anyone have an easy way to calculate how much 1 tsp of CSM+B Plantex will give me is ppm of each nutrient in a 75 gal tank? lets say i am aiming at dosing 3 days a week to reach a total of 0.3 ppm fe every week.

also according to greg watson's page it suggest also dosing Magnesium sulfate, why?

first what is in CSM+B Plantex? what elements/nutrients
Fe 6.53%
Mn 1.87%
Mg 1.40%
Zn 0.37%
Cu 0.09%
Mo 0.05%
B 1.18%

from http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/pmdd-tim.html
(is it basically equivalent to flourish?
Yes in that they're both used as trace mixes. (Flourish has macros too but not enough to be significant for calculations.) We use Fe ppm as an estimate for everything in trace mixes: the ratios between nutrients are pretty much the same.

1TBL of CSM+B into 250mLs is approximately the same as Seachem's Flourish.
does anyone have an easy way to calculatehow much 1 tsp of CSM+B Plantex will give me is ppm of each nutrient in a 75 gal tank? lets say i am aiming at dosing 3 days a week to reach a total of 0.3 ppm fe every week.
Here you go. A decent dosing solution would be 5tsps of CSM+B into 250mLs, with 1tsp doses of this solution every other day for 0.1ppm Fe per dose. If you want to dose dry 1/8tsp slightly overshoots your target but should be fine. 1tsp CSM+B dry into 75gals is ~1.0ppm Fe.

I believe Zezmo may be adding CSM+B into his spreadsheet, which calculates everything. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=86655
also according to greg watson's page it suggest also dosing Magnesium sulfate, why?
Mg is an important nutrient, and often in low ppm with tap. The water company should be able to provide Mg ppm. If you have reasonable GH and do not suspect Mg deficiency you can skip it, or dose 5-10ppm Mg and observe.

HTH

edit: typed while Capt was posting.

thanks, very much the type of info i was looking for

czcz said:
If you have reasonable GH and do not suspect Mg deficiency you can skip it,
i have a very high GH, so i do not think Mg deficiency is a problem, what are the signs?

Back
Top Bottom