Current USA Freshwater LED Light good enough for 36 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robcurry12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I currently have a 36 gallon bowfront freshwater aquarium with a Current USA Freshwater LED light on top. I am reading online that while it’s a serviceable light, if you’re looking to help with plant growth. This isn’t the best light.

So my question is my current light sufficient or should I invest in the Current USA Freshwater LED Light PLUS and get that extra power?

Is your tank 21" tall?

The satellite won't be able to grow anything really, the satellite plus could maybe at best support some anubias, java fern/moss, running them both together could possibly grow most "low light" plants, but you will be limited still.

Have a look into Beamswork DA FSPEC lights as well, good cheap LED lights that can grow plants no problem.

The issue here is the 21" of water you need to penetrate.... takes quite a bit of power for that.

I have a beamswork on my 36 bowfront and it grows my plants fine, I have Java fern, green cabomba, and hornwort. The cabomba grows like crazy

Is your tank 21" tall?

The satellite won't be able to grow anything really, the satellite plus could maybe at best support some anubias, java fern/moss, running them both together could possibly grow most "low light" plants, but you will be limited still.

Have a look into Beamswork DA FSPEC lights as well, good cheap LED lights that can grow plants no problem.

The issue here is the 21" of water you need to penetrate.... takes quite a bit of power for that.

Yes it’s 21 inches in height but there’s about 1.5/2 inches of gravel.

So the beams work is better for plant growing??

Back
Top Bottom