Custom Pressurized Co2 System questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been doing research into buying individual components for my Co2 system. With me being a newb when it comes to the planted tank I have seen super cheap regulator systems/parts which have horrible reviews. Milwaukee for example I thought might be decent as I am looking to start with a Co2 system around $300-$400 however reviews were horrible.

Taking the advice of Brian_Nano12g to emulate Alanle's Co2 system certainly brought me in the realm of reliable and pretty **** shiny. However the more I looked into the Matheson regulators among others Alanle used they are a little on the high side. I will move into those eventually however looking to get the tank started with someone reliable but not too crazy in price. I also want to custom build it so I may learn my system so I can improve or repair as needed in the future.

Anyone have advice on specific brand/make/setup or even website to look at to fit my Co2 budget?

Decided factors:
Tank size: ADA 120P (65Gallon)
Co2 Tank: 5 Gallon

300-400? Wow I was looking at something like this myself

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041YLM7G...UTF8&colid=32YRRVUMB8U4O&coliid=I2T43JUVAGO7Z

My buddy has some paint ball tanks he can no longer use on the field and I was going to grab one of those off him.

Just started a DIY last night myself. Maybe try a DIY setup first to see if you like it and it helps before spending the money. Thats how I usually do things.

I'm running the aquatek premium on a 5# tank with diy Rex Grigg reactors, i have a co2 art splitter, stock bubble counter. It's been running great for months and was right around $225 all in..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the speedy reply Brook and Nick. I think I may go with that regulator until I find a need to build my own for the time being. Brook what is the benefit, if any, of a reactor over a co2 diffuser? Better dispersal rate of the gas to liquid across the tank?

Evil Nick - You aware of any decent LFS here in CT? Haven't seen much north of Hartford in the way of planted tanks sadly.

Thanks for the speedy reply Brook and Nick. I think I may go with that regulator until I find a need to build my own for the time being. Brook what is the benefit, if any, of a reactor over a co2 diffuser? Better dispersal rate of the gas to liquid across the tank?

Evil Nick - You aware of any decent LFS here in CT? Haven't seen much north of Hartford in the way of planted tanks sadly.

Lower working pressure required, better saturation with fewer bubbles, no visible bubbles in tank, one less piece of equipment in tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any difference you have seen between the DIY out there and the U.P. Aqua Inline Co2 Atomizer System aside from cost?

Don't know whether the trip is worth it to you but there's a spot called Slither N Swim in West Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the info. I will be in the area this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I go to allpetsclub in wallingford and branford

Also Blakes Aquaden in Meriden is AWESOME. Great selection and all his tanks are on their own systems not one big shared water one.

Don't know whether the trip is worth it to you but there's a spot called Slither N Swim in West Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

went to S&S in WH once and honestly I wasnt that impressed. I thought he was a bit overpriced and the selection the day I was there wasnt great.
He had just sold out of bamboo shrimp that he was selling for "I THINK" near 20$ where blakes had them for like half that. I think he has more in the way of amphibians and reptiles than fish.

I will have to take a trip to check them out. Worth looking around to hopefully find a decently stocked store with good quality.

300-400? Wow I was looking at something like this myself

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041YLM7G...UTF8&colid=32YRRVUMB8U4O&coliid=I2T43JUVAGO7Z

My buddy has some paint ball tanks he can no longer use on the field and I was going to grab one of those off him.

Just started a DIY last night myself. Maybe try a DIY setup first to see if you like it and it helps before spending the money. Thats how I usually do things.

I run the aquatek and it's great! The price is right for it to.

I was running a DIY system but found it to be irregular and would leave a film of of slime in the tank and on the diffuser.

So last week I ordered the aquatek mini and just came back from buying a 12oz paint ball tank.

Aqautek is selling them on special on ebay and amazon for 89$ and the tank was 25$ at a paint ball shop down the street

Sent from my LG-E971 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom