Dark green coating on plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I can't seem to shake this green coating of algae from my tank. It covers my java moss & fern as well as the bog wood. Water parameters are fine, I've cut the feeding of my 8 Cory catfish (5 are babies) back to once every 3 days as was the LFS advice a couple of months ago and keep cleaning the filter but it's still there. I put some more algae killer in prior to taking the photo. The light is on from 15.00 till 21.00. it does get a fair bit of outside natrual light due to its location but during the winter months not much. My previous tank there never had an issue with algae. The tank is about 6 months old. 180 litre. What else can I do?

Kind regards

Fei20190306_163228.jpg1551890740120.jpg

Do you have good water movement and what is your filtration?

Do you dose fertilizer?

I have an oasis external filter for upto 300ltrs, good movement, I have the short end connecter rather than the spray bar. I stick ferts in, mainly leaf zone by API at the moment

I find that keeping around 10x tank turnover per hour seems to knock down algae growth.

I've never used that brand of fertilizer. I do use Thrive liquid fertilizer and it's worked well for me.

Thanks I'll change the fertz people seem to rate XL ,

Back
Top Bottom