Day 2 of the 55 gal discus build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Day 2 of the 55 gal discus build. I have got a lot of things going good in this tank. Have my marineland H.O.T 250, my 4x 54 T5HO lighting going.

As far as the C02, I have to get my bottle refilled before I put it in. I had some problems getting my driftwood to not float up. So, I had to set one of my large stones on top until it won't float anymore.

The plants I have at the moment are: Staurogyne Repens Some type of hygrophilia(I think) Anubis Nana.

Attachments

• image-3535180287.jpg
    image-3535180287.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 125
Following! I'm excited to see how a planted discus tank comes to life, looks like a good start

Thanks, this is the biggest tank I've ever attempted.

I'm still not sure on what plant I want yet tho.

Amazon swords always do good in a discus tank they love the big leaves and it's a big root feeder using up unwanted waste. Also for a bit of colour what about red tiger lotus Lilly??? Tanks looking good what about outing the bog wood up in one corner with the thin spread pointing down so it looks like roots through the water discus always love horizontal bog wood as its part of their natural environment hence why some breeds show the black bars down there body to help camouflage between the roots :)

Amazon swords always do good in a discus tank they love the big leaves and it's a big root feeder using up unwanted waste. Also for a bit of colour what about red tiger lotus Lilly??? Tanks looking good what about outing the bog wood up in one corner with the thin spread pointing down so it looks like roots through the water discus always love horizontal bog wood as its part of their natural environment hence why some breeds show the black bars down there body to help camouflage between the roots :)

I will most likely get some swords. I haven't had good luck with those tiger lotus. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with the wood yet, but that's a good idea.

Update on 55gal planted build.

I'm slowly making progress on the build. Sorry it took so long. I just got a shipment of plants in, tell me what y'all think of the list and placement. I am open to all suggestions.

Cryptocoryne Undulata
Staurogyne Repens
Hygrophilia Corymbosa
Amazon sword
Limnophila hippuroides
Rotala Wallichii
Telanthera Rosefolia
Cyperus helferi

The tank is just now starting to recover from a new plant melt back, the cyperus still hasn't recovered though( far right)

I went ahead and upgraded my filter from the Marineland HOT magnum 250 to the Hagen Fluval 306. I love it. I also bought an inline atomic diffuser.

Attachments

• image-1605436813.jpg
    image-1605436813.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom