Did I make a mistake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I bought a young angel fish to put in my 36G tank.... So with it being in there for about 24hrs now.. It has devoured my rotalla wallichi, and starting on my staurogyne repens... Do I have any recourse with this? Will it out grow this?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I am hoping that it will out grow I this. Other wise I'll have to relocate him/her. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They can be a problem. I've been planting new plants while they have been having a go at the plant tips at the same time and I've been thinking, geez - at least let me admire the plant for 5 minutes!.

My angel is no where as bad as my electric blue Acara's. Sometimes the just pull stuff up cause I ticked them off. I must have all females....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Both mine leave the plants alone hmm.. Hopefully he will get out of the phase

It probably will outgrow this stage at some point (hopefully) I guess it's just part of the natural diet so they will eat plants. Maybe you could train him not to eat plants. That would be cool but hard to do :ROFLMAO:

Plants are part of their diet but usually it doesn't make an impact like this..

Well, he/she ate like a king last night. Devoured the blood worms, and I have not noticed anymore plant eating. So maybe it was just under fed from the LFS, lets hope for the best at this point. :D

The problem is that the fish is likely very hungry and was being underfed. Provide a diet that the fish enjoys more than plants and you should see a drastic reduction in plant damage.

Well, he/she ate like a king last night. Devoured the blood worms, and I have not noticed anymore plant eating. So maybe it was just under fed from the LFS, lets hope for the best at this point. :D

I guess a varied diet is a good thing?! That's why I buy different plants every so often :)

Back
Top Bottom