discus and boesmani rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully405Customz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm starting a 75 gallon planted tank and already have a school of rainbows and wanted discus as well but I'm not sure how well they will go together. What do you guys think?

well it depends on how many you have and what else u got in the tank and just to keep in mind discus are a schooling fish so you might already be fully stocked but like i said it depends on your current stock

I'm starting a 75 gallon planted tank and already have a school of rainbows and wanted discus as well but I'm not sure how well they will go together. What do you guys think?

It should work. The discus shouldn't mind the rainbows too much, they're active but not bothersome and quite passive IMO. They should work with discus.

It should work. The discus shouldn't mind the rainbows too much, they're active but not bothersome and quite passive IMO. They should work with discus.

yeah they should be fine

Well will be a 75 gallon when I get the discus and a school of 8 rainbows. Also heavily planted.

but is that the only fish you are gonna keep?????

Yep. I want a simple elegant tank. There is a possibility of a pair of dwarf cichlids. But I'm not sure about them yet.

Awesome. Made my day. lol I'm going to order them after Christmas. I was planning to order some 2" ones from somethingsphisy.com. any reviews or suggestions on where to order?

Well its $70.... but from everything I've read their fish rarely arrive dead and they are good to replace ones that died. I think it'd be worth it. I had 6 ordered though so iit might not be so much if you got less. They have awesome plecos too.

On a phone right now so I cannot confirm, but I seem to remember hearing that that site was either a scam or completely horrible.

You get what you pay for in this hobby.

Watch out for somethingphisy.com. I recently linked it to someone looking for rare plecos thinking they would like the variety, until someone told me to read the reviews ;)

Turns out the place is a scam. Look online and search, you'll find some quite interesting things...

Well dang. How is it a scam? Just wondering. Well on that note where would be aa good place to get discus and rare plecos?

Poor shipping technique, poor quality fish, horrible service. Apparently they've been known to ship young, unhealthy fish in plastic jars inside a box. The review claimed that they weren't secured and just rolled around in the box.

Most of the review mentioned the infamous plastic jars.

Oh that sounds so bad. But that's why we have AA. Lol thank you for helping me dodge that bullet. Do you have any suggestions as to where I should order them from? My lfs has discus but the are 4 and 5" and cost like 100-175$$. Ill pay it but would rather raise some like 2" babies.

I would check aquabid. I took a look, and they had some 2-2.5" fish starting at $20 and ranging to $50. You might also check Simply Discus (a froum for discus lovers) and see if they have a classifieds section.

Take a look at Jack Wattley discus, he has some awesome looking discus! He also answers questions in the TFH magazine.

Back
Top Bottom