DIY 10 gal to 20 long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I've decided to convert my ten gallon tank of 10 months to a new 20 long. This is my first ever 20 long and am trying to keep it mostly budget friendly and a DIY project, however it is going to be high tech. I've attached some current pics of my 10 gal with some ugly floating pots (just for holding moss for now).

Equipment:
Old 100 watt heater I found in the basement.
Old Marineland magnum 220 canister filter I found in the basement (filter is older then I am).
DIY CO2 inline reactor with pressurized system.
DIY dual 23 watt CFL light fixture.
DIY stand ready for paint.

I'm going to be using flourite dark, maybe mixing with my current fluval stratham but it's probably just muck now and I'll have to pick up another bag of flourite.

Plants:
HC
Rotala nanjenshan
Star repens
Blyxa japonica
Normal baby tears
Ludwidgia
Alternathera reineckii (normal)
Flame moss

Stocking:
Blue velvet shrimp
Amano shrimp
Maybe pigmy Cory cats
Maybe ember tetra

Let me know what you think of the stuff I am using or any scape ideas, I have some driftwood and some nice rocks to play with! I'm excited to finally start a new tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430174478.210774.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430174503.434394.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430174513.755967.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430174524.527798.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

After a few quick rinses is came out pretty clean, cleaner than flourite for sure. Pic is in a white styrofoam cup.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430243468.787810.jpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom