DIY Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so im making a diy co2 system, and i made a test batch of yeast and sugar to see if everything is working out good. so i left it for 3 hours and there was alot!!! of presure in the bottle, and lots of bubbles coming up to the surface, im just wondering if this is what is supposed to happen becuase when i looked up some videos on it, the other ones had foamy stuff on the surface and mine doesnt. so is mine working fine?

It sounds like it is working fine. The foam will come as the batch matures... remember, it is going to last for several days at a time. You didn't seal the bottle up with no way for the gas to escape did you? If you have a bottle explode it will be an awful mess... it has happened before to people on here.

yes i know it would explode i just wanted to see if the yeast would work fine, it is no longer sealed up. but thanks!

lasts about a week or two but it does take some time to blow up though. they can take a fair amount of psi before blowing... thanks mythbusters lol

Back
Top Bottom