Diy co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read up on them and they seem ok for small tanks. Id like to try large scale for my 100g and use like a 5g water jug for the yeast mixture lol but by that time its probably more cost effective to get a legit co2 system

Would definately be more cost effect and efficient in the long run to buy a co2 unit i found that instead of buying co2units from aquariums just by it from beer making places

As long as its built correctly, a DIY will be cheaper as opposed to buyin co2 since you only need yeast and sugar.

The start up cost would be a more obvious cost than buying sugar and yeast however consider over the year of spending money on the diy and then eventually upgrading because diy co2 isnt as efficient so then youve wasted more money in the long run spending money on both especially because you want to run it on a 100gal but then again its whatever works the best for you

In a 100 gallon tank? No way DIY would be cheaper. You would need so many bottles that it would be ridiculous and it would likely never be stable. And then the work you would have to do to tend to all of those bottles to keep them running. Drop about 150-200$ and then all you have to do is refill your cylinder every so often (maybe even yearly) for less than twenty bucks.

In a 100 gallon tank? No way DIY would be cheaper. You would need so many bottles that it would be ridiculous and it would likely never be stable. And then the work you would have to do to tend to all of those bottles to keep them running. Drop about 150-200$ and then all you have to do is refill your cylinder every so often (maybe even yearly) for less than twenty bucks.

(y) On a 100gal, a 5 pounder would probably last you about 3-5 months, but my local welding shop only charges $10 for a refill. IMO, much better than the trouble of DIY. And, as blert mentioned, you have stability.

Back
Top Bottom