DIY Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaterbeginners

Aquarium Advice Freak
Planning to have a DIY co2 system. I don't know how big my bottle ( where you put yeast and stuff ) have to be for my 50 gallon.

I'm not really sure you can get enough pow for a 50 gallon out of a DIY setup???

I don't think so, you could prob run a DIY setup on both sides of the tank?? Fresh2o will know better, I'm really not qualified to give you any helpful info on this haha..

If you're running moderate to high light, definitely invest in a pressurized system with solenoid when funds become available. Meanwhile, you can rig up two DIY systems on each side of the tank as Brookster suggested. But I'd also add Glut dosing to the mix. Buy a gallon of Metricide 14 or Omnicide 14, should be around $20 shipped on eBay. It's basically generic Excel or API CO2 Booster, but 2X stronger and much cheaper. So you can dose less than excel or dilute it to excel strength.

If you're running moderate to high light, definitely invest in a pressurized system with solenoid when funds become available. Meanwhile, you can rig up two DIY systems on each side of the tank as Brookster suggested. But I'd also add Glut dosing to the mix. Buy a gallon of Metricide 14 or Omnicide 14, should be around $20 shipped on eBay. It's basically generic Excel or API CO2 Booster, but 2X stronger and much cheaper. So you can dose less than excel or dilute it to excel strength.

Don't know what your talking about. Can you please show me a system on eBay?

Back
Top Bottom