DIY CO2 is already working... and some more questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just put up my DIY CO2 this week and I can already see improvment in the (few) plants I have.... I want to go to the LFS soon to get some more but...gosh my parrents never go that way (prob. cause they know I want to go if we go over their).... its just driving me up the walls that I have so few plants LOL I want to get to aqua-scapeing it :D ....what would be some good plants? Im not 100% sure what my LFS(s) have but I want a general list...its a 10gall, DIY CO2, 15watt color enhancer, 2x15 watt flourecent,...and here is a question...what "Flourish" should I get...I was looking earlyer and their are like 3 diff. kinds.... so once I figure out what kind I will be doing flourish as well.... I have so far
1x red ludwigia (it kinda died in another tank and im seeing if I can bring it back)
some java moss
to many java fern to count
anubis
and one I will have to go look up the name....

I was looking at...
pygmy chain sword
hair grass (if I can find it)
glosso (if I can find it)
thats ground cover
then for mid will be prob. the java fern and anubis.... and then background these are what I was looking at
rotala (that looks really nice when in bunches)
cambomba (if it doesnt fall apart on me :roll: )
anarchis
anything else you guy's want to recomend?????????????
thanks a ton!

what "Flourish" should I get...I was looking earlyer and their are like 3 diff. kinds
There is one that is just Flourish. It looks like THIS. You could also pick up some "Flourish Potassium" because you'll need it as well. The regular Flourish is just like other products, like Leaf Zone and any all in one type fertilizer (has trace nutrients). I would use regular Flourish, the Potassium, and maybe some Nitrogen depending on your fish load.

How about some Cryptocorynes? Crypt wendtii red would make a nice contrast to the green plants and it will grow in your light.

maybe it isnt enough for glosso... I was just throwing that out their...

ok thank you for the INFO on the flourish...I acutally fogot to mention that I am interested in ANY cypts...I love them all...but I dont know how many I will be able to find here... I will go look up the " Crypt wendtii " Thank you!

have u tried a making a post in the barter and trade section. if u pay for shipping alot of emembers will gladly give u there trimmings from the week. one person(jchillen, czcz to name a few) can usually send u enough trimmings to fill your tank. i would love to send u some but shipping is just rediculus from canada.

mr funktastic said:
have u tried a making a post in the barter and trade section. if u pay for shipping alot of emembers will gladly give u there trimmings from the week. one person(jchillen, czcz to name a few) can usually send u enough trimmings to fill your tank. i would love to send u some but shipping is just rediculus from canada.
oh wow I diddnt think of that....how would we go about paying eachother?

depends on the person. i tell people to send me the money after they recieve the plants. some people do it with paypal. most people on the site are reasonable and trustwoth so i am sure u can work something out. people will send the plants for free sometimes to.

Back
Top Bottom