DIY CO2 leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fel

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, so I have a diy co2 system with yeast, the other day I decided to try to make the system a little bit more intricate and bought a simple needle valve for it, the idea being that I close off the system, let it build pressure, release this pressure over the course of the day, then close it again at night.

The issue I bumped into is when using the standard airline T-valves, I just checked it and the two that I have are leaking right at the connection to the tubing, thus preventing the pressurization of the system.

Does anyone have an experience when fixing this problem? My first thought is to simply rub petroleum jelly or some other form of grease around the fitting before putting the tube on it.

Trying to build pressure will end poorly. Something will end up exploding, whether its the air line, the bottles, or the connections and it will be a huge mess. With my brewing, ive seen enough beer bottles explode and its not a pretty sight when it happens. With sugar water itll be a h7ge sticky yeasty smelling mess everywhere.

If you want more co2 on a diy system you just need to add another bottle of solution to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom