DIY CO2 System & plants questions and Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xand3r

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello there!
I've been doing some research about planted tanks and DIY CO2 systems. I've seen systems with diffusers, reactors, and just chopsticks, but unfortunately I haven't seen what I want to do. Since I'm new to planted tanks, I decided to start with a 10 gallon tank and see how it goes. The tank has a HOB and under gravel filter. I know that the under gravel filter will not allow me to use a great variety of plants but that's fine, is not like I have much space anyway. I could explain to you what I want to do but I think that is better if you take a look at my "blue prints." (I don't have a scanner or a vector software at the moment)

CO2.JPG

Will that work or should I use a diffuser?

Plants that I would like to use:
Banana plant
Marimo ball
Aponogeton
Christmas moss for the background (maybe)

Any suggestions?
I do not want to use big plants, max 8"

I would really appreciate any comments, Ideas, or suggestions.

Xand3r!

IMHO, I'd skip the co2. the plants you are wanting are all lower light plants, and with lower light, the need for injecting co2 is minimal at best. You're going to offgas your co2 running a UGF, especially the way you've got it designed. It's a great thought, but it just won't work IMO.

Thanks for your input, After reading your comment and doing a little more of research I decided to get rid of the UGF. The UGF seemed like a good way to keep the water clean but it will be trouble in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom