DIY vs Pressurized CO2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I was thinking of bending the tube, and tying a piece of fishing line to hold the crease. I stopped my air pump from sending bubbles to the bubble wand this way.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep, that's it. I think mine were $1.89 at petco. I only use one. With a DIY system, I don't think there is a need for kinking your hose

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The lines are the air hose.

I can use hot glue to seal the holes up.

I will run the house to my hob filter, and use an airstone on the back side of the filter pad to break up the bubbles even more

Attachments

• 1415212045553.jpg
    1415212045553.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 52
Beautiful! My only suggestion is to add one more check valve to the long hose to make sure your tank doesn't back syphon if your co2 runs low

Some people hot glue gun, others silicone. I used silicone but make sure you do both the inside and outside of the caps.

Ok. I will need to get 2 more check valves then. Already have 1.

How do I know when thw co2 is low? Fewer bubbles

Yes. Bubbles will slow down, and depending on your mixture, you should know a rough estimate when it dies off... for example the mixture I sent you, lasts about 2 weeks and slows down on the 3rd week.

You know, if you have any activated carbon left around, I did see something that will keep your bubble counter cleaner and longer

Let me send you a link to a youtube video... it's something I havnt tried yet but have been interested in doing it.

I don't know the difference between the air stones. Sorry, can't help you there

Ok. One just makes smaller bubble from the start so i didn't know.

The finer the bubble the better but with a diy, you don't have the pressure. That's my only concern, but I havnt had issues with my air stone, so if you're willing to give that one a shot, it should work out well for you

You could also see if you can find a glass diffuser that is really tiny. Anything but the tiny one won't have enough pressure to push it out but nothing puts out smaller bubbles than a glass diffuser

Back
Top Bottom